- Don’t be afraid to ask for help. My mom, aunt, sister, and cousins helped me move in. Walking into an empty dorm room can be very intimidating, but with help the process is much easier.
- Redecorating can bring a nice variety to your routine. Change your room by redecorating the wall, rearranging the furniture, adding new decorations, etc.
- Make it personal. I add notes and pictures to the wall every time I get new ones. It can be very cheerful and uplifting to look through throughout the quarter.
- Try to be creative. I didn’t have a great place to put my laundry detergent, so I picked up some antique jars, filled them, and added them as part of the decorations.
- Make it your on-campus home. A dorm room is a fantastic place for you to relax and be yourself. Decorate it so that you feel like it is your home.
“I wanted my dorm room to become an extension of my home. So, I decorated it with things that remind me of places I have been, memories I have made, and dreams that I have. I also wanted my room to be an inspiration for my studying.”
– Nicqelle Godfrey, History Major, Loomis, California